Add the 220 MHz ham-band to your UV-3R mini radio
UV-3R 220 MHz Soft Mod by VE3PZR
The software included in the ZIP file will extend the frequency range of the UV-3R mini hand-held transceiver to include the 220MHz ham band.
Results on different UV-3R models:
- Original single line LCD: Not working
- Dual line LCD, Mark-II: Working
- Dual line LCD, +PLUS: Working
How to update your UV-3R Mark II to support 220mhz Ham Band
Some models of the radio are able to support a much broader range of frequencies if you store a special memory file into the radio.
Follow these steps:
1. Install UV-X4 programming software
2. Run the UV-3R-soft-Modder program to update your UX-X4 software to add some extended Band Plans
3. If you have an existing memory file, re-run the soft-mod program to change the Band Plan that is embedded inside the .3R memory file.
4. Load the memory file inside UV-X4 and write the memories to your radio and your radio will now have 220mhz added to your radio!
Tech TIP #1: If you are unable to write a memory file to your radio, power-on while holding down the VOL button. It will reset your radio back to factory and you will be able to write the extended frequency file.
Tech Tip #2: 2 memory files are included. Both files have 220mhz included but during tests with other hams, we found that my radio gave better 220mhz results if we lowered the UHF instead of raising the VHF frequency range. I suggest testing both methods with your radio to verify results.
Click [HERE] to download the softmod software. Last Updated: v12.02.23
Here is a [FILE] with London, Ontario frequencis ready to go. Let me know if I left something out or have an incorrect entry.