Ten-Tec RX-340 HF DSP Receiver
The Ten-Tec RX-340 is a multi-mode, general coverage synthesized receiver utilizing extensive Digital Signal Processing. DSP brings the performance and repeatability of expensive military grade communications receivers into the price range of top end commercial receivers for shortwave listeners. Tunable from 5 kHz to 30 MHz, it provides tuning steps and display resolution of 1 Hz. All three displays are blue/green vacuum fluorescent and provide unparalleled contrast and readability. The RX-340 is a laboratory-quality instrument in its ability to quantify the amplitude and frequency characteristics of signals and receivers.
- FREQUENCY COVERAGE: 50kHz – 30 MHz at typical sensitivity. Tunable down to 0 MHz with degraded performance (see Sensitivity tables) MODE: USB, LSB, ISB, CW, AM, Synchronous AM, FM; all standard.
- TUNING RESOLUTION: 1 Hz steps.
- FREQUENCY STABILITY: using built-in TCVCXO, provides +/-1 PPM over entire operating range 0 – 50 degrees C.
- ACCURACY: All internal oscillators are locked to either internal or external frequency standard.
- EXTERNAL FREQUENCY REFERENCE: 1, 2, 5, or 10 MHz ( +/- 1 PPM, 200 mv p-p into high impedance load). Receiver automatically switches to this reference upon application, at power up or after any serial link activity.
- SPURIOUS RESPONSES: All spurious less than -119 dBm equivalent input – preamp on.
- IMAGE REJECTION: 90 dB typical, 80 dB minimum
- BFO: Tunable in CW mode only, +/- 8 kHz. Tuning in 10 Hz steps. Fixed frequency in SSB/ISB, disabled in AM and FM.
- SYNTHESIZER LOCK TIME: 10 msec typical
- ANTENNA INPUT : 50 ohm, unbalanced, BNC connector. 2.5:1 VSWR max @ receiver’s tuned frequency.
- SELECTIVITY : 57 bandwidths selectable from .1 kHz – 16.0 kHz. Shape factor 1.5:1 or better. (6 to 60 dB) Bandwidth is fixed at 3.2 kHz in ISB mode, and at 4 kHz – 16 kHz in SAM mode. Minimum bandwidth is 600 Hz in FM mode.
- GROUP DELAY : no more than .1 ms variation over passband of 300 Hz to 3050 Hz.
- ULTIMATE REJECTION: 70 dB minimum regardless of filter selected. L.O.
- PHASE NOISE: -120 dBc/Hz @ 20 kHz offset typical, -110 dBc/Hz maximum.
- IF REJECTION: 90 dB typical, 80 dB minimum.
- MEMORIES: 100 memory store and recall.
- OPERATING TEMPERATURE RANGE : 0 – 50 degrees C @ full specification. -10 to 60 degrees C with degraded performance.
- Click here to view full specifications.