Icom IC-V21AT - Dual Band 2m/220 MHz Handheld Transceiver
Manufactured: Japan, 1995 (Discontinued)
2m/220 MHz dual band handheld transceiver
RX: 136-174 MHz; 222-225 MHz
TX: 144-148 MHz; 222-225 MHz
Output power: 5 W on 2m; 5 W on 220 MHz
Receiver sensitivity: 0.16 µV (FM, 12 dB SINAD)
CTCSS encode and decode standard
Note: Supplied battery pack is the BP-157A.
- Frequency Coverage:
- 144 MHz:
- Transmit: 144-148 MHz
- Receive: 136-174* MHz (*guaranteed range is 144-148 MHz)
- 222 MHz:
- Transmit: 222-225 MHz
- Receive: 222-225 MHz
- Usable Temperature Range: -10°C to +60°C; +14°F to +140°F
- Tuning steps (kHz): 5, 10, 12.5, 15, 20, 25, 30 or 50
- Dial select steps: 100 kHz, 1 MHz and 10 MHz
- Number of memory channels: 70 (32 regular, 1 call and 2 scan edge channels for each band)
- Frequency stability: ±5 ppm (0°C to +50°C; +32°F to +122°F)
- Current Drain (at 13.5 V):
- Tx (high): 1.5 A; Tx (low): 600 mA
- 1 band Rx (rated audio output): 150 mA; 1 band Rx (power save ON): 15 mA
- 2 band Rx (rated audio output): 200 mA; 2 bands Rx (power save ON): 30 mA
- External DC power supply: 6 to 16 V DC (negative ground)
- Dimensions (projections not included): 57(W) x 125(H) x 35(D) mm, 2.2(W) x 4.9(H) x 1.4(D) in
- Weight (incl.BP-157A): 390 g; 13.8 oz.
- Output power (at 13.5 V): 5, 3.5, 1.5 W, 500 mW, or 20 mW (selectable)
- Output power (w/supplied BP-157A): 1.5 W max.
- Modulation system: Variable reactance frequency modulation
- Maximum frequency deviation: ±5 kHz
- Spurious emissions: Less than -60 dB
- Microphone impedance: 2000 ohms
- Receive system: Double conversion superheterodyne
- Intermediate frequencies:
- 144 MHz: 1st 43.10 MHz; 2nd 455 kHz
- 222 MHz: 1st 45.15 MHz; 2nd 455 kHz
- Sensitivity (for 12 dB SINAD): Less than 0.16 µV for regular receiving; Less than 3.16 µV for opposite band receiving
- Squelch sensitivity (at threshold): Less than 0.16 µV
- Selectivity: More than 15 kHz/-6 dB; Less than 30 kHz/-60 dB
- Spurious and image rejection: More than 60 dB (More than 45 dB at 1/2 IF)
- Audio output power: More than 200 mW (10% distortion with an 8 ohm load)
- Audio output impedance: 8 ohms
Battery Packs and Battery Case
- BP-130A BATTERY CASE: R6 (AA) batteries x 6 (height = 50.0mm; 2.0 in)
- BP-131A BATTERY PACK: 7.2 V, 900 mAh. Includes microphone for whisper function. Height = 50.0mm; 2.0 in. Charging time = 1 h (BC-79); 15 h (BC-77A/E/D/V, CP-13, OPC-288)
- BP-132A BATTERY PACK: 12.0 V, 600 mAh. Includes microphone for whisper function. Height = 78.2mm; 3.1 in. Charging time = 1 h. 30 m. (BC-79); 20 h (BC-77A/E/D/V, CP-13, OPC-288)
- BP-157A BATTERY PACK: 7.2 V, 900 mAh. Height = 50.0mm; 2.0 in Charging time = 1 h (BC-79); 15 h (BC-77A/E/D/V, CP-13, OPC-288)
- BC-77A/E/D/V WALL CHARGER: Regularly charges BP-131A or BP-157A through the transceiver.
- BC-79 + AD-28 DESKTOP CHARGER and BATTERY PACK ADAPTER: Rapidly charges battery packs BP-131A, BP-132A, BP-157A. Both AC and DC can be used to power the charger.
- CP-13 CIGARETTE LIGHTER CABLE WITH NOISE FILTER: Allows you to operate the transceiver through a 12 V cigarette lighter socket. Also charges BP-131A or BP-157A through the transceiver.
- OPC-288 DC POWER CABLE: For operating the transceiver with 6-16 V DC; also charges BP-131A or BP-157A with 13.8 V through the transceiver.
Microphones and Headset
- HM-55A DTMF SPEAKER-MICROPHONE: Combination speaker and microphone with a DTMF keypad.
- HM-75A SPEAKER-MICROPHONE WITH REMOTE CONTROL FUNCTION: Allows you to remotely select main band, memory channels, operating frequency, etc.
- HS-51 HEADSET: Lightweight headset allows you hands-free operation. Includes VOX, PTT, "one-touch PTT" (TOT).
- HM-9 SPEAKER-MICROPHONE: Rounded design neatly fits your hand.
- HM-46 SPEAKER-MICROPHONE: Compact and lightweight. Equipped with an earphone jack.
- HM-54 SPEAKER-MICROPHONE: Durable, full-sized.
- SP-13 EARPHONE: Provides clear audio in noisy environments.
- LC-105A CARRYING CASE: For BP-130A, BP-131A, BP-157A
- LC-106A CARRYING CASE: For BP-132A
- AD-25 BATTERY CHARGE ADAPTER: Allows you to charge BP-131A, BP-132A, BP-157A separately from the transceiver using the BC-77A/E/D/V, CP-13 or OPC-288.
- FA-B2125A DUAL BAND FLEXIBLE ANTENNA: The same type as supplied with the transceiver.
- MB-30 MOBILE MOUNTING BRACKET: For mounting the transceiver on the inside door panel of a vehicle or on a wall.
IC-V21AT user manual
IC-V21 AT / ET
Receive and Transmit Expansion
Not all versions will get full expansion
Most radios will operate within a 20-30 MHZ range of the original frequency.
1 - Remove battery and antenna.
2 - Remove screws and open the radio.
3 - Remove D23 ( This part is already removed on US version ).
4 - Attach diode as shown ( Use 1N914 or equivalent diode ).
Make sure Diode leads will not short anything. Cover then in tape.
5 - Reassemble the radio.
6 - Reset the radio.
7 - Turn radio on, Hold [ Light ] & [Function ], turn radio off and on.