ICOM IC-T7A - Dual Band 2m/440 MHz Handheld Transceiver
Dual band 2 meter and 440 MHz handheld transceiver
RX: 118-174 MHz, 400-470 MHz
TX: 144-148 MHz; 440-450 MHz
Output power: 4 W VHF; 3 W UHF
Modes: FM (AM receive only 118-136 MHz airband)
Receiver sensitivity: 0.16 µV (FM, 12 dB SINAD)
CTCSS encode and decode standard
- Frequency Coverage:
- Tx: 144-148 MHz
- Rx: 118-174 MHz
- Tx: 440-450 MHz
- Rx: 400-470 MHz
- Mode: FM (F3E)
- Acceptable power supply: 4.5 to 16 V DC
- Number of memory channels: 70 (60 regular, 4 pr. scan edges and 1 call/band)
- Tuning steps (kHz): 5, 10, 12.5, 15, 20, 25, 30 or 50
- Usable Temperature Range: -10°C to +60°C; +14°F to +140°F
- Antenna connector: BNC (50 ohms)
- Current Drain (at 13.5 V, typical):
- Tx (high): 1.2 A; Tx (low): 600 mA
- Rx (rated audio): 140 mA; Rx (power saved): 16 mA
- Tx (high): 1.3 A, Tx (low): 600 mA
- Rx (rated audio): 150 mA; Rx (power saved): 19 mA
- Dimensions (with BP-180): 57(W) x 122(H) x 29(D) mm, 2.25(W) x 4.81(H) x 1.125(D) in
- Weight: 320 g; 11.3 oz.
- Output power (at 13.5 V):
- VHF: 4 W or 500 mW
- UHF: 3W or 500 mW
- Modulation system: Variable reactance frequency modulation
- Maximum frequency deviation: ±5 kHz
- Spurious emissions: Less than -60 dB
- Microphone impedance: 2000 ohms
- Receive system: Double conversion superheterodyne
- Intermediate frequencies: 1st: 45.15 MHz; 2nd: 450 kHz
- Sensitivity (typical): Less than 0.16 µV (for 12 dB SINAD)
- Squelch sensitivity: Less than 0.16 µV
- Spurious and image rejection ratio:
- VHF: More than 60 dB
- UHF: More than 50 dB (except 1/2 of image frequency)
- Audio output power (at 13.5 V): More than 250 mW (10% distortion with an 8 ohm load)
- Audio output impedance: 8 ohms
- BP-170 BATTERY CASE: R6 (AA) batteries x 4
- BP-171 BATTERY PACK: 4.8 V, 700 mAh
- BP-172 BATTERY PACK: 4.8 V, 950 mAh
- BP-173 BATTERY PACK: 9.6 V, 650 mAh
- BP-180 BATTERY PACK: 7.2 V, 600 mAh
- BC-79 + AD-56 DESKTOP CHARGER and ADAPTER: Rapidly charges battery packs BP-173 or BP-180. Both AC and DC can be used to power the charger.
- CP-12/L CIGARETTE LIGHTER CABLE WITH NOISE FILTER: Allows you to operate the transceiver through a 12 V cigarette lighter socket. The connected battery pack is charged simultaneously (12 to 16 V DC necessary).
- OPC-254/L DC POWER CABLE: Allows you to operate the transceiver through a 4.5 to 16 V external DC power supply. The connected battery pack is charged simultaneously (12 to 16 V DC necessary).
- HM-46 SPEAKER-MICROPHONE: Compact, lightweight. Equipped with an earphone jack.
- HM-54 SPEAKER-MICROPHONE: Durable, full-sized.
- HM-75A SPEAKER-MICROPHONE: Allows you to remotely select memory channels, operating frequency, etc. Simple remote and normal remote are selectable.
- HS-85 HEADSET: Allows you hands-free operation. Includes VOX, PTT, "one-touch PTT" (TOT).
- SP-13 EARPHONE: Provides clear audio in noisy environments.
- MB-30 MOBILE MOUNTING BRACKET: For mounting the transceiver on the inside door panel of a vehicle.
- BC-110A/D/V WALL CHARGER: Regularly charges battery packs. The same as supplied with some versions.
- CS-T7 CLONING SOFTWARE: Provides quick and easy programming of items, including memory channels and set mode contents, for local repeater frequencies, etc.
- LC-136 CARRYING CASE: For use with the BP-170, BP-171 or BP-172.
- LC-137 CARRYING CASE: For use with the BP-173 or BP-180.
ICOM IC-T7A / IC-T7E User Manual