ICOM IC-T21A - Handheld 2 Meter Transceiver
2 meter single band handheld transceiver
RX/TX: 144-148 MHz
RX only: 440-450 MHz
Output power: 6 W
Receiver sensitivity: 0.16 µV (FM, 12 dB SINAD)
CTCSS encode standard, CTCSS decode (tone squelch) optional
- Frequency Coverage:
- Tx and Rx: 144-148 MHz; Rx only: 440-450 MHz
- Mode: FM
- Acceptable power supply: 4 to 16 V DC
- Number of memory channels: 114 (100 regular, 1 call channel, 12 scan edge channels, 1 repeater memory)
- Tuning steps: 5, 10, 12.5, 15, 20, 25, 30 or 50 kHz
- Current Drain (at 13.5 V, typical value):
- Transmit (6 W): 1.8 A; Transmit (15 W): 90 mA
- Receive (max. audio): 160 mA; Receive (power saved): 8 mA (average)
- Usable Temperature Range: -10°C to +60°C; +14°F to +140°F.
- Dimensions: 54(W) x 111(H) x 35.5(D) mm; 2.1(W) x 4.4(H) x 1.4(D) in
- Weight: 315 g; 11.1 oz.
- Output power (at 13.5 V DC):
- 6 W, 4 W, 1.4 W, 1 W or 15 mW
- Modulation system: Variable reactance frequency modulation
- Spurious emissions: Less than -60 dB (at 6 W)
- Maximum frequency deviation: ±5.0 kHz
- Microphone impedance: 2000 ohms
- Receive system: Double conversion superheterodyne
- Sensitivity (for 12 dB SINAD): Less than 0.16 µV (0.22 µV for bonus receive)
- Squelch sensitivity (at threshold): Less than 0.13 µV
- Spurious and image rejection: Less than -60 dB; Less than -45 dB (at 1F/2)
- Audio output power: More than 300 mW (10% distortion with an 8 ohm load)
- Audio output impedance: 8 ohms
Battery Packs and Battery Case
- BP-159 BATTERY CASE: R6 (AA) batteries x 4. Height = 60.8 mm/2.4 in
- BP-151 BATTERY PACK: 6 V, 800 mAh. Height = 60.8 mm/2.4 in
- BP-152 BATTERY PACK: 6 V, 1100 mAh. Height = 76.6 mm/3.0 in
- BP-153 BATTERY PACK: 12 V, 600 mAh. Height = 124.5 mm/4.9 in
- AD-44 BATTERY CHARGER ADAPTER
- BC-74A/E/D/V WALL CHARGER: Regularly charges battery packs.
- BC-79 DESKTOP CHARGER: Rapidly charges battery packs BP-151, BP-152 or BP-153. Both AC and DC can be used to power the charger.
- CP-12 CIGARETTE LIGHTER CABLE WITH NOISE FILTER: Allows you to operate the transceiver through a 12 V cigarette lighter socket. Also charges battery packs.
- OPC-254 DC POWER CABLE: For operating the transceiver with 4 to 16 V DC; also charges battery packs at 12 to 16 V DC.
Microphones and Headset
- HM-46 SPEAKER-MICROPHONE: Compact and lightweight. Equipped with an earphone jack.
- HM-54 SPEAKER-MICROPHONE: Durable, full-sized.
- HM-55/A DTMF SPEAKER-MICROPHONE: Combination speaker and microphone with a DTMF keypad.
- HM-75A REMOTE CONTROL MICROPHONE: Allows you to remotely select memory channels, operating frequency, etc.
- HS-51 HEADSET: Lightweight headset allows you hands-free operation. Includes VOX, PTT, "one-touch PTT" (TOT).
- LC-109 CARRYING CASE: For use with attached BP-151 or BP-159
- LC-110 CARRYING CASE: For use with attached BP-153
- LC-111 CARRYING CASE: For use with attached BP-152
- UT-81 TONE SQUELCH UNIT: Provides tone squelch and tone scan functions. This unit is already installed in U.S.A. version.
- MB-30 MOBILE MOUNTING BRACKET: For mounting the transceiver on the inside door panel of a vehicle.
- SP-13 EARPHONE: Provides clear audio in noisy environments.
Icom IC-T21A / IC-T21E / IC-T41A / IC-T41E User Manual