6 Meter/2 Meter/440 MHz/1.2 GHz, all in one hand.
23 cm (1.2 GHz) Band
Add the wide-open microwaves to your fun. The 1.2 GHz band is very popular in metro areas.
You've Got it All
With four bands at your command, excellent audio, 124 memory channels, water resistant construction, and ICOM durability, get ready for the most fun ever!
Simplicity Right Out of The Box
Function keys can be confusing. The IC-T81A doesn't use any! It's so easy to use, many operators said they never needed to open the instruction manual.
Listen Beyond The Ham Bands
Pick up incredibly clear, wide band reception. (US cell phone band blocked.) Tune in a ball game (radio or TV broadcast), listen to air traffic control, or scan for police activity. Take your IC-T81A everywhere!
- Frequency coverage (Unit: MHz)
||WFM (not guaranteed)
- *1 Guaranteed 144-148 MHz only; *2 Guaranteed 440-450 MHz only;
- Mode: FM, WFM (Rx only), AM (Rx only)
- Number of memory channels: 124 (100 regular, 20 scan edges, 4 call)
- Frequency stability: ± 3 ppm (-10°C to +60°C;)
- Useable temperature range: -10°C to +60°C;, +14°F to +140°F
- Power supply : 4.5 to 16 V DC or specified battery pack
- Current drain (at 13.5 V DC):
- Tx: maximum power: 1.4 A (0.8 A at 1200 MHz)
- Rx: rated audio: 220 mA (typical)
- power saved: 40 mA
- standby: 70 mA (90 mA at 1200 MHz)
- Tuning steps (kHz): 5*, 10, 12.5, 15*, 20, 25, 30, 50, 100 (*not available for 1200 MHz band)
- Antenna connector: SMA (50 ohm)
- Dimensions (projections not included):
- 58(W) x 106(H) x 28.5(D)mm
- 2-9/32(W) x 4-3/16(H) x 1-1/8(D)in
- Weight (approximate, with antenna):
- 290g; 10.2 oz (with BP-197)
- 270g; 9.5 oz (with BP-199)
- 280g; 9.9 oz (with BP-200)
- Output power (at 13.5 V DC):
- High: 5.0 W (1.0 W at 1200 MHz)
- Low: 0.5 W (0.1 W at 1200 MHz)
- Modulation system: variable reactance frequency modulation
- Max. frequency deviation : ± 5 kHz
- Spurious emissions : Less than -60 dB (-50 dB for Europe version at 1200 MHz; -40 dB for others at 1200 MHz)
- External mic connector : 3-conductor, 2.5(d) mm (1/8")/ 2 k ohm\
- Receive system: Double conversion superheterodyne
- Intermediate frequencies:
- 1st: 69.45 MHz (13.35 MHz: WFM)
- 2nd: 450 kHz
- Sensitivity (except spurious points):
- FM 50 MHz=0.18 µV, 144 MHz=0.18 µV, 440 MHz=0.18 µV, 1.2 GHz=0.25 µV
- AM 50 MHz=0.56 µV
- WFM 91.5 MHz=2.0 µV
- Squelch sensitivity (threshold):
- 0.18µV (FM; 0.25 µV at 1200MHz)
- 5.6µV (WFM)
- 0.56µV (AM)
- Selectivity (except WFM):
- More than 15 kHz/-9 dB
- Less than 30 kHz/-60 dB
- Spurious and image rejection ratio:
- 50, 144 MHz: Less than -60 dB
- 440 MHz: Less than -50 dB
- 1200 MHz: Less than -50 dB
- (Except half IF, 2nd image, 50 MHz band IF and WFM)
- Audio output power (at 13.5 V DC): 250 mW typical at 10% distortion w/ 8 ohm load (at 13.5 V DC)
- Supplied Accessories
- Battery pack/case (depending on version)
- Wall charger (depending on version)
- Belt clip
- BATTERY PACKS AND CASE
- BP-197 R6 (AA) batteriesx3
- BP-198 Ni-MH 4.8 V/700 mAh
- BP-199 Ni-MH 6.0 V/700 mAh
- BP-200 9.6 V, 680 mAh
- Approx. output powers and operating times (Tx high; Rx: Stand-by=5:5:90)
- BP-198, 1 W typical (0.3 W for 1200 MHz), 6 hrs
- BP-199, 1.5 W typical (0.5 W for 1200 MHz), 5 hrs
- BP-200, 4 W typical (0.5 W for 1200 MHz), 4 hrs
- BC-119 DESKTOP CHARGER + AD-87 DESKTOP CHARGER ADAPTER, rapidly charges battery packs BP-198, BP-199, BP-173 or BP-200. Cannot be used to charge Ni-Cd or Ni-MH cells in the BP-197. Both AC (using an AC adapter) and DC can be used to power the charger. The AD-87 must be purchased separately. Some BC-119 versions require the AD-88 additionally.
- CP-12L CIGARETTE LIGHTER CABLE WITH NOISE FILTER OPC-254L DC POWER CABLE, allows you to operate the transceiver through a 12 V cigarette lighter socket or a 4.5 to 16 V external DC power supply with the CP-12L or OPC-254L, respectively. The connected battery pack is charged simultaneously (12 to 16 V DC required).
- HM-46 Compact and lightweight. Equipped with an earphone jack.
- HM-54 Durable, full-sized speaker-microphone.
- HM-75A Allows you to remotely select memory channels, operating frequency, etc. Simple remote and normal remote are selectable.
- HS-85 HEADSET, allows you hands-free operation. Includes VOX, PTT, "one-touch PTT" (TOT).
- SP-13 EARPHONE, provides clear audio in noisy environments.
- VS-1 VOX PTT Switch
- HS-94 Earpiece style headset for the VS-1
- BC-110A/D/V WALL CHARGER, regularly charges battery packs. The same as supplied with some versions
- CS-T81 CLONING SOFTWARE + OPC-478 CLONING CABLE, provides quick and easy programming of items, including memory channels, memory names and set mode contents, for local repeater frequencies, etc., via a PC
- OPC-474 CLONING CABLE, used for handheld-to-handheld data cloning
- LC-148 CARRYING CASE, useable with any battery pack.