ICOM IC-707 - HF Base Transceiver
Manufactured: Japan, 1993-199x (Discontinued)
RX: 500 kHz-30 MHz
TX: all amateur HF bands
Output power: 100 W (25 W AM)
Modes: SSB, CW, AM standard; FM mode optional
Receiver sensitivity (preamp ON):
0.16 µV (SSB, CW for 10 dB S/N), 2.0 µV (AM for 10 dB S/N), 0.5 µV (FM for 12 dB SINAD)
- Frequency Coverage:
- Receive: 0.50000 - 30.00000 MHz
- guaranteed range 500 kHz - 30 MHz
- 1.80000 - 1.99999 MHz
- 3.50000 - 3.99999 MHz
- 7.00000 - 7.30000 MHz
- 10.10000 - 10.15000 MHz
- 14.00000 - 14.35000 MHz
- 18.06800 - 18.16800 MHz
- 21.00000 - 21.45000 MHz
- 24.89000 - 24.99000 MHz
- 28.00000 - 29.70000 MHz
- Mode: USB, LSB, CW, AM, FM* (An optional U1-9 FM UNIT is required.)
- Number of memory channels: 32 (25 regular, 2 scan edges and 5 split)
- Antenna impedance: 50 ohms nominal
- Usable Temperature Range: -10°C to +60°C; +14°F to +140°F
- Frequency stability: Less than ±200 Hz from 1 min. to 60 min. after power ON. After that, the rate of stability change is less than ±30 Hz/hr at +25°C; +77°F
- Power Supply Requirement: 13.8 V DC ±15% (negative ground)
- Current Drain (at 13.8 V DC):
- Transmit: 20 A
- Receive: squelched =1.3 A; max. audio output =2.1 A
- Dimensions: 240(W) x 95(H) x 239(D) mm, 9.5(W) x 3.7(H) x 9.4(D) in (projections not included)
- Weight: 4.1 kg; 9.0 lb.
- Output power:
- SSB, CW, FM: 5 to 100 W continuously adjustable
- AM: 5 to 25 W continuously adjustable
- Modulation system:
- SSB: Balanced modulation
- AM: Low power modulation
- FM: Variable reactance frequency modulation
- Spurious emissions: 50 dB below peak output power
- Carrier suppression: -40 dB
- Unwanted sideband: -50 dB
- Microphone impedance: 600 ohms
- Sensitivity (preamp ON):
- SSB, CW - (1.8 to 30 MHz) 0.16 µV
- AM - (0.5 to 1.8 MHz) 12.6 µV ; (1.8 to 30 MHz) 2 µV
- FM - (28 to 30 MHz) 0.5 µV
- Squelch sensitivity (preamp OFF):
- SSB, CW - 5.6 µV
- FM - 1 µV
- SSB, CW - More than 2.1 kHz/-6 dB ; Less than 4.0 kHz/-60 dB
- AM - More than 6.0 kHz/-6 dB ; Less than 20 kHz/-40 dB
- FM - More than 12 kHz/-6 dB ; Less than 30 kHz/-50 dB
- Spurious and image rejection response: -70 dB
- Audio output power: More than 2.6 W with an 8 ohm load
- RIT variable range: ±1.2 kHz
- IC-4KL 1 kW LINEAR AMPLIFIER: All solid state linear amplifier. The amplifier/power supply unit and remote control unit are separated.
- IC-2KL 500 W LINEAR AMPLIFIER: All solid state linear amplifier. The power amplifier unit can be separately set up from the power supply unit. (An optional OPC-118 is required.)
Automatic Antenna Tuners, Antenna Element and Antenna Selector
- IC-AT500 500 W AUTOMATIC ANTENNA TUNER: Best match for the IC-707 with the IC-2KL. Includes an automatic antenna selector for 4 separate antennas.
- AT-160 100 W AUTOMATIC ANTENNA TUNER: Can be attached to the IC-707 side panel. Power and tuning are controlled through the IC-707.
- AT-150 100 W AUTOMATIC ANTENNA TUNER: Style and size are matched with the IC-707. Includes an automatic antenna selector for 3 separate antennas. Moreover, a long wire antenna can be tuned.
- AH-3 100 W AUTOMATIC ANTENNA TUNER: Matches the IC-707 to a long wire antenna for portable or mobile operation. Matches a more than 12 m long wire to all bands between 1.8 to 30 MHz.
- AH-2b Antenna Element: A 2.5 m long antenna for mobile operation with the AH-3. All bands between 3.5 to 30 MHz can be matched.
- EX-627 AUTOMATIC ANTENNA SELECTOR: Automatically selects the antenna. 9 separate antennas can be connected. Manual selection is also possible. Max input power: 1000 W PEP
DC Power Supplies
- IC-PS30 DC POWER SUPPLY: A system power supply for the IC-707. 3 extra output connectors are included. (13.8 V DC/25A)
- PS-85 DC POWER SUPPLY: Style and size are matched to the IC-707. (13.8 V DC/20 A)
- IC-SP3 EXTERNAL SPEAKER (8 ohms/4 W)
- SP-7 EXTERNAL SPEAKER (8 ohms/5 W)
- SP-20 EXTERNAL SPEAKER (8 ohms/5 W)
- SP-21 EXTERNAL SPEAKER (8 ohms/5 W)
- SM-6 DESKTOP MICROPHONE
- SM-8 DESKTOP MICROPHONE
- SM-20 DESKTOP MICROPHONE
- HM-36 HAND MICROPHONE
Internal Units and Filters
- UI-9 FM UNIT: Provides FM transmission/reception. Easily Installed.
- UT-30 PROGRAMMABLE TONE ENCODER UNIT: Provides 38 programmable subaudible tones.
- CR-338 HIGH-STABILITY CRYSTAL UNIT: For improved frequency stability - 0.5 ppm (-30°C to +60°C)
- FL-52A/FL-53A CW NARROW FILTERS: Passband width - FL-52A (500 Hz/-6 dB); FL-53A (250 Hz/-6 dB)
- CT-16 SATELLITE INTERFACE UNIT: Easy tuning for instant satellite communications.
- CT-17 CI-V LEVEL CONVERTER: For remote transceiver control using a personal computer. Equipped with an RS-232C output port.
- IC-MB5 MOBILE MOUNTING BRACKET
- MB-23 CARRYING HANDLE
Best Match Options for the IC-707
- PS-85 Power supply
- AH-3 or AT-160 Antenna tuners
- UI-9 External speaker
IC-707 Related documents:
User manual (4.1 MB)