ICOM IC-481H - Mobile 440 MHz FM Amateur Transceiver
Manufactured: Japan, 199x-199x (Discontinued)
440 MHz mobile transceiver
RX: 440-450 MHz; 136-174 MHz
TX: 440-450 MHz
Output power: 35 W
Receiver sensitivity: 0.16 µV (FM, 12 dB SINAD)
CTCSS encode standard, CTCSS decode (tone squelch) optional
- Frequency Coverage: Main Rx/Tx: 440~450 MHz, Bonus Rx/Tx: 136~174 MHz
- Tuning Step Increments: 5, 10, 12.5, 20, 25, 30, or 50 kHz.
- Number of Memory Channels: 60 regular, 2 call, 10 scratch pads and 12 scan edges.
- Mode: FM (F3)
- Antenna Impedance: 50 ohms nominal
- Power Supply Requirement: 13.8 V DC+/-15% (negative ground)
- Current Drain (at 13.8 V DC)- Transmit: 10.5 A (high), 6.0 A (mid), 4.5 A (low)
- Current Drain (at 13.8 V DC) - Receive: 1.0 A (max. audio output) 0.8 A (Stand-by)
- Frequency Stability: +/-10 ppm (-10ºC to +60ºC)
- Usable Temperature Range: -10ºC to +60ºC; +14ºF to +140ºF
- Dimensions (projections not included): 140(W) x 40(H) x 171(D) mm, 5.5(W) x 1.6(H) x 6.7(D) in
- Weight: 960 g; 2.1 lb.
- Output Power (selectable): 35 W, 10W, 5W
- Modulation System: Variable reactance frequency modulation
- Max. Frequency Deviation: +/-5.0 kHz
- Spurious Emissions: Less than -60 dB
- Microphone Impedance: 600 ohms
- Receive System: Double conversion superheterodyne
- Sensitivity: Main band - Less than 0.16 µV for 12 dB SINAD, Bonus band - Less than 0.2 µV for 12 dB SINAD
- Squelch Sensitivity: Less than 0.13 µV
- Spurious Response Rejection: More than 60 dB
- Audio Output Power: More than 2.4 W at 10% distortion with an 8 ohms load.
- Audio Output Impedance: 4-8 ohms.
- UT-66 VOICE SYNTHESIZER UNIT: A clear, electronically generated voice announces the operating frequency in English or Japanese.
- UT-85 TONE SQUELCH UNIT: Provides pocket beep, tone squelch and tone scan functions and ensures quiet standby. Can also be used as a subaudible tone encoder.
- SP-7 EXTERNAL SPEAKER: Large speaker suitable for base station operation. Input impedance: 8 ohms; Max. input power: 5 W.
- SP-10 EXTERNAL SPEAKER: Compact design provides excellent audio in your vehicle. Input impedance: 4 ohms; Max. input power: 5 W.
- SP-12 EXTERNAL SPEAKER: Slim-type speaker for mobile operation. Can be easily installed on a sun visor, dashboard, etc. Input impedance: 8 ohms; Max. input power: 3 W.
DC POWER SUPPLIES
- IC-PS30 DC POWER SUPPLY: Equipped with 3 output connectors. Output voltage: 13.5 V DC; Max. Current Drain: 25 A.
- OPC-345 DC POWER CABLE: Supplied with the IC-481H. Cable length: 3 m(9.8 ft); capacity: 15 A
- OPC-346 DC POWER CABLE: Supplied with the IC-281H. Cable length: 3 m(9.8 ft); capacity: 20 A
- OPC-347 DC POWER CABLE: Cable length: 7 m(23.0 ft); capacity: 20 A
- OPC-440 MIC EXTENSION CABLE: Extends the microphone cable. Cable length: 5.0 m(16.4 ft).
- HM-77 DTMF MICROPHONE: Equipped with 14 DTMF code memory channels for auto dialing and 1750 Hz tone call functions. Also provides remote control capabilities.
- HM-78 HAND MICROPHONE
- HM-79 HAND MICROPHONE: Equipped with 1750 Hz tone call function.
- MB-17A MOBILE MOUNTING BRACKET: One-touch bracket. Transceiver body is easily attached and removed.
- MB-27 MOBILE MOUNTING BRACKET: Same as the supplied one.