- Frequency Coverage: 144-148 MHz
- Usable Temperature Range: -10°C to +60°C; +14°F to +140°F
- Tuning steps: 5, 10, 12.5, 15, 20, 25, 30 or 50 kHz
- Dial select steps: 100 kHz, 1 MHz
- Number of memory channels: 43 (40 regular, 1 call channel, 2 scan edge channels)
- Frequency stability: ±15 ppm (0°C to +60°C; +32°F to +144°F)
- Current Drain (at 13.5 V, typical):
- Transmit (high): 2.0 A; Transmit (low): 0.9 A
- Receive (rated audio output): 250 mA; Receive (power saved): 35 mA (average)
- External DC power supply: 6 to 16 V DC (negative ground)
- Dimensions (with BP-160): 57(W) x 125(H) x 35(D) mm, 2.2(W) x 4.9(H) x 1.4(D) in (projections not included)
- Weight: 355 g; 12.5 oz. (with BP-160)
- Output power:
- High (13.5 V DC): 7 W
- High (7.2 V DC): 2.5 W
- Low (7.5 - 13.5 V DC): 1 W
- Modulation system: Variable reactance frequency modulation
- Spurious emissions: Less than -60 dB
- Maximum frequency deviation: ±5.0 kHz
- Microphone impedance: 1000 ohms
- Sensitivity (for 12 dB SINAD): Less than 0.18 µV
- Squelch sensitivity (at threshold): Less than 0.16 µV
- Spurious and image rejection: More than 60 dB
- Audio output power: More than 350 mW (10% distortion with an 8 ohm load)
- Audio output impedance: 8 ohms
- Keypad type: built-in subaudible tone encoder; built-in pocket beep, tone squelch, tone scan; built-in DTMF memory, redial; optional pager, code squelch (UT-49)
- Non-keypad type: built-in subaudible tone encoder
Battery Packs and Battery Case
- BP-130A BATTERY CASE: R6 (AA) batteries x 6 (height = 50.0mm; 2.0 in)
- BP-157A BATTERY PACK: 7.2 V, 900 mAh. Height = 50.0mm; 2.0 in. Charging time = 1 h (BC-79 + AD-28); 15 h (BC-105A/E/D/V, CP-13, OPC-288)
- BP-160 BATTERY PACK: 7.2 V, 700 mAh. Height = 50.0mm; 2.0 in Charging time = 1 h (BC-79 + AD-28); 15 (BC-105A/E/D/V, CP-13, OPC-288)
- BP-174 BATTERY PACK: 7.2 V, 900 mAh. Height = 78.2mm; 3.1 in. Charging time = 1 h 30 m (BC-79 + AD-28); 20 h* (BC-105A/E/D/V, CP-13, OPC-288) *The optional AD-25 is required.
- AD-25 BATTERY CHARGE ADAPTER: Allows you to charge BP-174, BP-157A or BP-160 separately from the transceiver using the BC-77A/E/D/V, CP-13 or OPC-288
- BC-105A/E/D/V WALL CHARGER: Regularly charges BP-157A or BP-160 through the transceiver.
- BC-79 + AD-28 DESKTOP CHARGER and BATTERY PACK ADAPTER: Rapidly charges battery packs BP-174, BP-157A or BP-160. Both AC and DC can be used to power the charger.
- CP-13/L CIGARETTE LIGHTER CABLE WITH NOISE FILTER: Allows you to operate the transceiver through a 12 V cigarette lighter socket. Also charges BP-130A (with Ni-Cd batteries), BP-157A or BP-160 through the transceiver.
- OPC-288/L DC POWER CABLE: For operating the transceiver with 6-16 V DC; also charges BP-130A (with NiCd batteries), BP-157A or BP-160 with 13.8 V through the transceiver.
Microphones and Headset
- HS-51 HEADSET: Lightweight headset allows you hands-free operation. Includes VOX, PTT, "one-touch PTT" (TOT).
- HM-46 SPEAKER-MICROPHONE: Compact and lightweight. Equipped with an earphone jack.
- HM-54 SPEAKER-MICROPHONE: Durable, full-sized.
- HM-55 DTMF SPEAKER-MICROPHONE: Combination speaker and microphone with a DTMF keypad.
- LC-116 CARRYING CASE: Keypad type with BP-130A/157A/160
- LC-117 CARRYING CASE: Keypad type with BP-174
- LC-118 CARRYING CASE: Non-keypad type with BP-130A/157A/160
- LC-119 CARRYING CASE: Non-keypad type with BP-174
- UT-49 DTMF DECODER UNIT: For the keypad type only. Provides pager and code squelch functions.
- UT-86 TONE SQUELCH UNIT: For the non-keypad type only. Provides programmable tone encoder, tone squelch, pocket beep and tone scan functions.
- MB-30 MOBILE MOUNTING BRACKET: For mounting the transceiver on the inside door panel of a vehicle or on a wall.
- SP-13 EARPHONE: Provides clear audio in noisy environments.