Uniden Grant LT AM/SSB CB Radio
Controls and Functions
FRONT VIEW - Grant LT BACKLIGHTED PANEL
1. Microphone Jack
2. OFF/VOL: Turns radio on or off; adjusts speaker volume.
3. SQUELCH: Reduces background noise when there is no incoming signal.
4. RF GAIN: Improves reception in strong signal areas.
5. MIC GAIN Adjusts microphone sensitivity.
6. S/RF CAL SWR Knob: Selects function of meter.
7. LSB AMUSB Knob: Selects mode.
8. CLARIFIER Knob: Fine tunes the SSB receiving signals.
9. SWR Knob: Calibrates the meter for Standing Wave Radio (SWR) measurements.
10. Channel Knob: Selects channel.
11. Multi-function Meter: Measures SWR, RF and S signal strength.
12. NB/ANL Switch: Reduces external noise and interference from vehicle ignition systems.
13. CB/PA Switch: Selects PA optional (Public Address) speaker or CB.
Do not use PA function unless an external speaker is connected.
14. HI/LOW Switch: Hi position increases treble, Low position increases bass.
15. BRT/DIMSwitch: Adjusts the brightness of LED Channel Display and meter lighting.
16. DYNAMIC SQUELCH CONTROL (DSC): Automatically sets squelch to optimal level for stronger signals.
17. RX/TXIndicator: Red transmitting; green receiving.
When the external speaker is plugged in, the internal speaker is off.
21. EXT. SP.: Connects optional 8-ohm 4-watt speaker to remotely monitor receiver.
22. POWER: Connects DC power to transceiver.
CB Frequency Range: 26.965 to 27.405 MHz
Frequency Control: Phase Locked Loop (PLL) synthesizer
Frequency Tolerance: ±0.005%
Frequency Stability 0.001%
Operating Temperature: -30°C to +50°C
Microphone: Plug-in dynamic with PPT (push to talk) switch an d coiled cord
Input Voltage: 13.8 VDC nominal, 15.9V max, 11.7V min
(positive or negative ground) Current Drain: TX: AM full modulation, 2.2 A
SSB 120 watts, PEP output, 2A
RX: Squelched, 0.25 A; with maximum audio output, 0.6A Size: 7-7/8" (W) x 9-3/8" (D) x 2-3/8" (H)
Weight: 4 lbs. 10 oz. with microphone
Antenna Connector: UHF, SQ-239
Meter (3-in-1) Illuminated; indicates relative power output and received
signal strength, and SWR.
Power Output: AM, 4 watts
SSB, 12 watts, PEP
Modulation: High - and low-level, Class B amplitude modulation
Intermodulation Distortion: SSB: 3rd order, more than -25dB, 5th order, more than 35dB
SSB Carrier Suppression: 55dB
Unwanted Sideband: 50dB
Frequency Response: AM and SSB; 300 to 3000 Hz
Output Impedance: 50 ohm, unbalanced
Output Indicators: Meter shows realtive RF output power and SWR Transmit LED
glows red when transmitting
Sensitivity: SSb:0.25 mV for 10 dB, (S+N)^N at greater than 1/2 watt of audio output
AM: 0.5 mV for 10 dB; (S+N)^N at greater than 1/2 watt of audio output
Selectivity: AM: 6 dB @ 3 kHz, 50 dB; @ 9 kHz
SSB: 6dB @ 1.1kHz, 60dB @ 2.3kHz
Image Rejection: More than 65 dB
Adjacent-Ch. Rejection: 60 dB AM; 70 dB SSB
IF Frequencies: AM: 7.8 MHz 1st IF, 455 kHz 2nd IF SSB: 7.8 MHz
Automatic Gain Control (AGC): Less than 10 dB change in audio output for inputs from 10 to 100,000 mV
Squelch: Adjustable; threshold less than 1 mV
AM and SSB RF Gain Control: 40 db adjustable for AM and SSB
Clarifier Range: 1.5 kHz
Audio Output Power: 4 watts into 8 ohms
Frequency Response: 300 to2500 Hz
Internal Speaker: 8 ohms, round
External Speaker: (not supplied) 8 ohms, disables internal speaker when connected
Power Output: 4 watts into external speaker
External Speaker for PA
speaker: (not supplied) 8 ohms