1. Remove Front Panel.
2. Locate jumper pads 1,2,5,9,10 & 13. Solder short them carefully. (The other jumper pads must remain undisturbed)
3. Reassemble radio.
4. Turn power on. (The microprocessor has been reset)
5. Use the up/down buttons and dial to set the UHF range as follows :
420.000 MHz Press [D/MR] button
469.000 MHz Press [D/MR] button
6. The display will show 47.75 (IF freq. for UHF). Press [D/MR]
7. Use the up/down buttons and dial to set the VHF range as follows :
138.000 MHz Press [D/MR] button
174.000 MHz Press [D/MR] button
8. The display will show 17.3 (IF freq. for VHF). Press [D/MR]
9. The repeater shifts for both bands are reset to 000. They must be set using the [F] and [PRT] buttons. Refer to page 27 in the user manual.
RX Range 138 MHz - 174 MHz 420 MHz - 469 MHz TX Range 138 MHz - 174 MHz
420 MHz - 469 MHz
YAESU FT-4700 FULL CROSSBAND REPEATER MOD
1. Remove R32 (located next to pin 5 of the microphone connector.)
2. Jumper pads 6,9 and 10 located above CPU. (This is also located on the same board as the step above.)
BEEP LEVEL REDUCTION
1. Remove Front Panel
2. Remove the five screws holding Control unit in place.
3. Remove P10 from J04
4. Remove P09 from J03
5. Carefully flip the Control board to access the back side.
6. Locate R08 and R13.
7. Replace R08 and R13 with 560 ohm chip resistors (YAESU # J24205561
8. Reconnect the two Plugs P10 & P09
9. Reassemble the radio.