1. Remove power from the radio.
2. Remove the top cover of the transceiver.
3. Locate the Control unit. It is the rightmost of the vertically-mounted circuits boards.
4. Remove the two mounting screws on the boards restraining brackets.
5. Remove the control unit.
6. Locate Jumper pad JP5002. It is located in the next to IC Q5016. IC Q5016 is the rightmost IC of the three large IC in the center of the board.
7. Solder bridge Pad JP5002.
8. Reinstall the control unit.
9. Locate VR1003 & VR1005 on the RF unit.
10. Connect a 50 Ohm dummy load and a ley to the key jack.
11. Set CW mode and the METER to the ALC setting.
12. Dial Frequency 5.000 MHz.
13. Set the RF Power switch fully clockwise.
14. Close PTT and the key. (TRANSMITTING)
15. Adjust VR1003 so that the ALC meter reads to the right edge of the scale.
16. Check frequency range 4.0 - 6.5 MHz to make sure ALC meter reads at least slightly across the entire range.
17. Dial Frequency 8.000 MHz.
18. Adjust VR1005 so that the ALC meter reads to the right edge of the scale.
19. Check frequency range 8.0 - 10.0 MHz to make sure ALC meter reads at least slightly across the entire range.
20. Replace the top cover.
NOTE: Avoid transmissions near 10.940 MHz & 23.60 MHz due to elevated spurious emissions.