1. Unplug the DC power cable from the radio.
2. Remove the top and bottom covers.
3. Remove the speaker.
4. Remove the knobs and nuts from the front panel.
5. Remove the three screws from the control unit.
6. Remove the Control unit from the front panel.
7. Remove solder from pad #1 and Pad #2 on control unit.
8. Solder jumper Pads 4 and 14. Pads 3,4,5,7,11 and 14 will be bridged
9. Replace the control unit on the front panel.
10. Reset the microprocessor, (using a jumper short D09 on the control unit to ground on the radio. Do not apply power).
11. Apply DC power and turn radio on.
12. Press [MR] & use the control knob to enter 430 and press [D/MR]. (lower limit)
13. Press [MR] and use knob to enter 501 and press [D/MR]. (upper limit)
14. Press [F] and then [RPT] button, use the control knob to enter 5.000. Press the [RPT] button.
RANGE 430 MHz - 465 MHz