KENWOOD TS-690S Mod
1 Disconnect the Power and antenna.
2. Remove the top and bottom covers from the radio. (14 Screws)
3. Remove the top screws (countersunk) from aech side of the front panel.
4. Loosen the bottom screws (countersunk) from aech side of the front panel.
5. Carefully pull the top front of the front panel forward to expose the Digital board.
6. Remove the seven screws from the digital board.
7. Disconnect the 5 cables from the digital board.
8. Rotate the board towards the front panel to gain access to the back side of the board.
9. Locate and remove diode D27. Do not pry up the diode. The traces will rip apart.
10. Reassemble the radio.