|Final board C17 change|
|Memory loss modification|
EXPANDED RF/ CROSS BAND REPEATER/ TIME OUT TIMER
1 Remove power and antenna and the top and bottom covers.
2. CUT RESISTOR R25. R25 is located on the Control unit on the bottom side of the Radio. The resistor can be seen by looking through the cutout of the chassis just behind the front panel.
3. Remove silver color screws from the front chassis. The screws are located 2 on each side, 1 on the top and 1 on the bottom.
4. Pull the front panel away from the radio. Do not unplug any cables.
5. Install a jumper wire as shown in diagram 1.
6. Remove R121. (This is the Cross band repeater mod.)
7. Remove R122. (This will override the automatic 3 minute time out timer)
8. Reassemble the radio.
9. Reset the microprocessor twice. Press and hold the MR key and turn radio on.
CROSS BAND OPERATING PROCEDURES:
The TM-731 will receive a signal on one band and will automatically retransmit it on the other band. Each band can contain shift information. Only one band may contain PL encode/decode information. Do not turn Tone and CTCSS on in one band.
Turn on / off the Repeater mode : Press [F] and then press [A.B.C.] Key. Three dots should appear in the display when the mode is on.