EXPANDED RF/ CROSS BAND REPEATER
1 Remove power, antenna and the top and bottom covers.
2. Remove the six silver screws holding the front panel to the chassis.
3. Locate R113 and R114
4. Solder a jumper between the open pads between R113 & R114
5. Remove R121. (This is the cross band repeater mod.)
6. Remove R122. (This will override the automatic 3 minute time out timer)
7. Cut R57 from the back of the board. Do not cut R58
8. Reassemble the radio
9. Reset the microprocessor twice. Press and hold the MR key and turn the power switch. Do this twice.
CROSS BAND OPERATING PROCEDURES
The TM-721 will receive a signal on one band and will automatically retransmit it on the other band. Each band can contain shift information. Only one band may contain PL encode/decode information. Do not turn tone and CTCSS on in one band.
Turn on / Off the Repeater mode : Press F and then press AB.C. Key. Three dots should appear in the display when the mode is on.