EXPANDED RF / CROSS BAND REPEATER
1 Disconnect the power and antenna.
2. Remove the top and bottom cover.
3. Remove knobs from front panel and the nuts from the mic and channel switch.
4. Remove 4 screws holding the front panel and the 3 screws on the control board.
5. Locate the green jumper wire sticking out the front panel, behind the VFO buttoi
6. Cut the green jumper and tape the edges to prevent them from shorting.
7. Optional: Install diodes D207 & D209 on control board X57-3350-00.
8. Solder a jumper to the foil side of the TX-RX board as shown in drawing.
9. Reassemble the radio.
10. Reset the microprocessor (Press and hold [MR] while turning on the power).
CROSS BAND OPERATING PROCEDURES
Turn on the Repeater mode : Press and hold [F] and then press [DUP]. Then Press [F} longer than 1 Second. The F indicator will blink. Press [LOW]. Three dots should appear in the display when the mode is on.
Turn off : Press [VFO].