1 Disconnect the power and antenna.
2. Remove the top and bottom cover.
3. Remove all knobs from front panel.
4. Remove the nut from the mic jack and the nut from the channel switch.
5. Remove four screws holding the front panel.
6. Remove the three screws from the control board.
7. Locate the green jumper wire on the control board.
8. Cut the green jumper and tape the edges to prevent them from shorting.
9. Install chip diode D209 on control board Part # MA141A.
The control board is located on the front panel (Control knobs must be removed.)
10. Reassemble the radio
11. Reset the microprocessor. (Press and hold [MR] while turning on the power)