1 Disconnect the power and antenna.
2. Remove the top and bottom cover.
3. Remove all knobs from front panel.
4. Remove the nut from the mic jack and the nut from the channel switch.
5. Remove four screws holding the front panel.
6. Remove the three screws from the control board.
7. Locate the green jumper wire sticking out the front panel, behind the VFO Button.
8. Cut the green jumper and tape the edges to prevent them from shorting.
9. Install diode D209 Part # MA141A on control board.
10. Reassemble the radio
11. Reset the microprocessor. (Press and hold [MR] while turning on the power)