1 Disconnect the power and antenna.
2. Remove 3 screws from the case and 2 from the battery plate.
3. Open the radio.
4. Remove jumper JP1. Use a soldering iron the remove the jumper. Do not pull the jumper or overheat the board.
5. Unsolder and remove chip resistor R56.
6. Reassemble the radio. Carefully re-seat the O-Ring on the BNC connector.
7. Reset the microprocessor. (Press and hold the [F] key and turn the power on.)
Note: Automatic offset selection will be disabled when this mod is performed.