1 Disconnect the power and antenna.
2. Remove the volume, squelch and tuning control knobs
3. Remove the nuts from the volume control and tuning controls.
4. Remove screw located by the PTT switch.
5. Remove screw by the speaker jack
6. Remove two screws from the battery plate.
7. Carefully pull the front panel from the radio. Do not break any wires.
8. Gently lift the top panel from the radio by pulling it forward and then upwards. The O ring on the BNC connector will cause some tension.
9. Rotate the top panel towards the front of the radio to expose the .75" X .75" board.
10. Remove chip resistors R19, R20 & R21.
11. Reassemble the radio.
12. RESET the CPU. Hold down [M] and turn power on.