Kenwood How to migrate TS-2000 RS-232 port to USB
This document will describe how to get rid of RS-232 socket on the back of your TS-2000 and to replace it with USB socket.
Step by step instruction is below:
1. Buy DB9-USB-RS232 MALE module produced by FTDI Chip (I've done this)
2. Power off your radio and remove bottom cover.
3. Remove all screws that keep PCB and its base.
4. Take a soldering iron and remove RS-232 socket from PCB (this is not a task for newbies).
5. Remove 4 inductors that are placed near RS-232 socket (between red numbers)........
Download Full Article in PDF How to migrate TS-2000 RS-232 port to USB