TH-G71A Quick Start
1. Entering Frequency
- a) Press band
- b) Press VFO
- c) Select frequency by using the dial knob or entering the frequency on the keyboard
- d) Select shift by pressing F then press SHIFT(REV) until desired shift appears.
2. Select Tone
- a) Press F then press TONE (LOW) T should appear on display
- b) Press F then tone SEL (9)
- c) Using the dial knob select tone frequency
- d) Press VFO
3. Memory Entry
- a) Press F
- b) Select memory number using dial knob
- c) Press M.IN (MR) to store
4. Recall Memory
- a) Press MR
- b) Select Memory number using the dial knob
Q. What is the frequency range of the receiver?
A. 118-174, 320-470, 800-824, 849-869, 894-950
Q. Can the TH-G71A be PC programmed?
A. Yes, the TH-G71A can be programmed using the PG-4P cablePG-4P (programming cable) is no longer available but PG-4Y can be used instead. .
The software uploading/downloading channel information. It is free on our web page at www.kenwood.net
Q. My speaker microphone does not work on the TH-G71A?
A. Make sure that menu 15 (TC) transceiver control is turned off.
Q. When using the MCP-G71 software I get a time out error?
A. Make sure that the PG-4P cable is connected to COM 1 or COM 2. If your computer uses a DB-9 for COM 1 OR COM 2, you will need to use an adapter from the PG-4P to your COM Port. Use the Radio Shack adapter #26-269. Menu 15 must be turned on before uploading downloading information from the radio.
Q. How do you reset partial/reset?
A. Partial reset with radio off hold VFO key. Turn radio on, display will show VFRST? Push VFO again for full reset. With the radio off hold F key turn radio on display will show ALRST, push F again
Q. Is the TH-G71A capable of Mars/Cap?
A. Yes, but the information will only be furnished with a copy of your Mars/Cap license.