ICOM IC-2820 Memory Channel Programming
This programming method uses the microphone keypad. You will need the following information:
- Desired operating frequency
- Offset direction for repeater operation (if applicable)
- Tone frequency for repeater operation (if applicable)
Entering Frequency, Offset, and Tone
1. Ensure that your radio is in the VFO mode. If it is in memory mode (black icon showing M in the bottom of the display), switch your radio to VFO mode by pressing the VFO/Lock key.
2. Press the T-OFF/ENT/C key. Enter your desired frequency (6 digits) using the numbers on the microphone keypad. If you make a mistake, press CLR and start over at step 1.
3. To set your offset or duplex (for repeater operation), press the applicable key on the microphone (DUP- , DUP+ or SIMP). The radio will display DUP+ or DUP- for duplex, or will be blank for simplex.
Note: If you are programming a simplex or repeater frequency that does not require a sub-audible tone, skip to Saving Settings in a Memory Channel.
4. If the repeater requires a sub-audible tone, press the SET key.
5. Press the Up/Down keys to select DUP/TONE... in the menu. Press SET.
6. Press the Up/Down keys to select REPEATER TONE. Press SET.
7. Press the Up/Down keys to select the desired tone. Press SET.
8. Select the desired tone using the or up/down arrows on the microphone. Press the CLR key on the microphone to exit.
9. Press FUNC, then TONE. TONE appears on the display. Saving Settings in a Memory Channel
10. Press MR/CALL. The memory channel will show at the bottom of the display. Press the up/down keys on the microphone to select the desired memory channel. An open channel shows blank on the display.
Note: Choosing a pre-programmed channel (frequency shows in the display) will cause you to overwrite that channel with the new memory channel information.
11. Press FUNC, then press and hold MW for 1-2 seconds. You will hear a single tone followed by 2 fast tones (if your volume is turned up), indicating the memory has been programmed.
12. If you have no further memory channels to create, Press MR/CALL to operate in memory mode. To continue creating memory channels, return to step 2 of Entering Frequency, Offset, and Tone.