ICOM IC-703 - 60 Meter Addendum
Operation on the New 60 M Band
The new 60 M amateur band became available for use on July 3, 2003. Operation on this band is allowed on 5 discrete frequencies and must adhere to the following: 2.8 kHz bandwidth, USB mode, and transmit a maximum of 50 watts ERP (Effective Radiated Power).
It is the operator's responsibility to set all controls so that the transmission in the new band meets the stringent conditions under which we may use these frequencies.
1. Push [(BAND)] / [▼(BAND)] to select 5 MHz band.
2. Push [MODE] momentarily to select USB mode.
- When LSB is selected, push for 1 sec. to select USB mode.
3. Rotate the main dial to set the frequency exactly as shown is table above.
4. Push [LOCK] momentarily to set the dial lock function ON, if desired.
Then operate these frequencies.
© 2003 Icom Inc.