ICOM ID-31E Wide Band RX+TX mod (Europian version)
Do not do this if you have no good equipment for mini SMD resistors! And have the skills for opening this tiny equipment
All at your own risk and bother me i fit goes wrong! You loose your waranty with this MOD
Frequency range after this mod is RX/TX 400-479Mhz. We have test the power output on the original battery and a Diamond SX-400 with a Bird 8164 dummyload: 400 3.2 / 410 5 / 420 5 / 430 4 / 440 3.5 / 450 3.5 / 460 3.5 / 470 4 / 479 Oscillation. We advice to use the transmission between 420 and 470Mhz
- Remove the volume and squelch knob.
- Remove the ring from the SMA connector (Lett the ring from the volume/squelch knob on the unit!).
- Take out 2 screws at the (under) back side (battery place). Easy lift out the whole printboard.
- Remove the two middle resistors (cover the display and rest with protection).
- Put all back but dont forget FIRST to put the screws in the unit and at last the ring from the SMA!