EXPANDED RF/ SCAN RATE INCREASE
1. Remove battery and antenna.
2. Remove screws open case.
3. Locate and remove chip diode D2 on Logic unit.
4. On 02's with ser # over 34,000 - Install a diode across pads of diode D4 (see drawing) 1N4148 or 1SS211
5. On serial #'s below 34,000 install three diodes, (see drawing)
6. Locate R413 on logic board, it is located below the right hand corner of the microprocessor. The letters C6 are printer above it and 13 is below it.
7. Attach (piggy-back) another 270,000 resistor on to R413. (Scan Mod)
A very small resistor is required. If you use a 1/8 watt or larger use wire rap wire to mount it our of the way.
8. Reassemble the radio.
9. Reset the microprocessor. (ser#<34000 Push button next to litho batt, on >34000 Hold [FUNCTION] and turn power on
Note Adjust VCO for .8 VDC at lowest desired Freq. Measure at VCO test point, tip of resistor R253.