TOPGUN MODULATOR CP-1 COMPRESSOR INSTALLATION
Alpha 10 Max - Model AM-1000
- Remove the radio covers and locate U501 (4558) IC shown in the diagram above.
- Carefully remove the SMT resistor (Center part to the left of Pin 1) shown in the diagram above.
- Remove the other SMT part shown in the diagram below. (Right side of Transformer).
- Carefully solder the CP-1 Compressor board to Pins 1&2 of the 4558 IC. Orange to Pin 1, Yellow to Pin 2
* Carefully adjust the "AM MOD" control Counter Clockwise for proper Mic Gain.
You may want to use a Standard 4 Pin Mic with this radio. The documentation warns about 5 volts on Pin 4, but the radio has a dropping resistor to protect against damage The radio will Not be harmed by using a standard 4 pin microphone
This radio uses SMT (Surface Mount Technology) and most of the components are tiny and delicate! This type of work requires proper tools and skills that may be beyond the level of some repair shops. Make sure that the shop making these mods is capable and has proper tools to complete this type of work before proceeding. No Guarantees!