Modification information for the
Midland 77-285A AM mobile Transceiver.
Rear of front panel as seen as you look down into the radio.
- Band A: 25.615 Mhz to 26.055 Mhz
- Band B: 26.065 Mhz to 26.505 Mhz
- Band C: 26.515 Mhz to 26.955 Mhz
- Band D: 26.965 Mhz to 27.405 Mhz <- Standard CB Band
- Band E: 27.415 Mhz to 27.855 Mhz
- Band F: 27.865 Mhz to 28.305 Mhz
To enable the Extended CB mode, once you have jumpered the indicated land option pads, power on the 77-285A while holding down the "DW" and "CH9" buttons. Then use the "CH9" button for the Band Select.
Modulation Limiter may be defeated buy cutting the land pattern from the electrolytic Cap C162 to the
surface mounted transistor marked with "ASG" on its surface. DO NOT REMOVE THE TRANSISTOR.