Midland 75-810 40 channel CB Transceiver
with 10 NOAA Weather channels.
120 channel modification
- Remove the two screws on the top of the unit near the Volume / Squelch knobs.
- Remove the two screws inside the battery compartment.
- Pull away the rear cover.
- Pull away the battery case;
take note of the small spring wire used to connect the power to the radio.
This must be placed back into those same holes when you reassemble.
- Now pull away the large curcuit board from the front panel, this takes a bit of
effort to seperate the two boards from the each other.
- The picture above shows the front panel mounted CPU board. This is where
the modification will take place. You must remove a small tin shield that is
covering the modification area.
- Once you have removed the tin shield you will see points, A, B, C, and D.
- Put a solder bridge across A and B.
- Remove the zero ohm jumpers at C and D.
- Reassemble radio.
Make sure that you reinstall the tin shield and it is not shorting out anything.
- The front panel button labeled EMG is used to select (+) for 40 above
(-) for 40 below, when nothing else is displayed the standard 40 channels.