OpenBeacon is an open source crystal-controlled QRPp beacon transmitter which can output a variety of slow-speed modes, including QRSS, DFCW, and Sequential Multi-tone Hellschreiber. It is configured via USB port, so there are no jumpers to set and you can easily adjust all of the operating parameters via command line. Once configuration is complete, OpenBeacon may be removed from the PC and operate stand-alone.
OpenBeacon is considered a MEPT (manned experimental propagation transmitter), which means that you should never leave the control of it unattended.
- Frequency: crystal controlled
- Available bands: 30 meters
- Modes: CW, QRSS, DFCW, Sequential Multi-tone Hellschreiber, Glyphcode, WSPR (experimental)
- Power output: 300 mW nominal (at +13.7 VDC power supply)
- Spectral purity: greatest harmonic <-45 dBc
- Power supply: +5 VDC to +14 VDC
- Current consumption: 50 mA at +5 VDC, 120 mA at +13.7 VDC
- Control via USB on Windows, OS X, and Linux