Cobra 29 LX BT (featuring Bluetooth® wireless technology for hands-free calling)
Based on the patented, award-winning and popular 29 LX CB radio platform, the new Cobra 29 LX BT has been engineered to comply with the new hands-free cell phone usage legislation. It includes an array of powerful features to meet and even exceed these requirements, including:
- Bluetooth wireless connectivity allows professional drivers to connect the 29 LX BT to their mobile phone for in- and out-bound hands-free mobile calling.
- One-touch Bluetooth operation allows initiating and terminating mobile calls with the push of a button.
- Caller ID with Voice provides a voice announcement of incoming callers, along with Caller ID display on the 29 LX BT.
- Text-to-Speech Conversion supports listening to incoming email messages and responding to emails by simply talking.
- Jacks for external push-to-talk and external microphone offering complete hands-free operation.
The new Cobra 29 LX BT is packed with state-of-the-art ergonomic and safety features including 10 NOAA weather channels, 24/7 Emergency Weather Alert, a four-color selectable LCD display, noise-cancelling microphone, and much more.
Cobra 25 LX
The new Cobra 25 LX also leverages the proven 29 LX model in a compact and affordable new full-featured special edition CB radio featuring a four-color selectable LCD display. This new model also features day/night illumination with adjustable brightness for customizable night and day settings to enhance readability, a digital frequency display, advanced radio check diagnostics for trouble-free performance, instant channel 9 and 19, public address capability, and more.
“Nearly a decade ago, we anticipated the day when hands-free mobile calling legislation would become a reality for truckers, and we begin work on products and technologies to not only address this problem, but to measurably improve the quality of in-cab communication,” said Sally Washlow, senior vice president of marketing and sales for Cobra Electronics. “With the Cobra 29 LX BT, we’re pleased to provide our loyal professional driving customers with a breakthrough product that makes their work legally-compliant, safe, and trouble-free.”
Pricing and availability:
The 29 LX BT CB Radio will be available in May with a suggested retail price of $169.95, while the 25 LX will be available in April at a MSRP of $129.95. Both models can be purchased nationwide at travel centers, CB shops and truck dealers, and on the company’s website at www.cobra.com.