Images: ZS1I (Click on images for larger view.)
I recently received the latest increase in electronic components and was shocked with the overall price increase as from the 1 July 2009. This prompted me to look at a cheaper and more economic soundcard interface as I am sure we all stuggle to keep head above water in the current economic climate.
You now have the opportunity to make a choice;which soundcard interface you want to buy. Let me assure you they both do exactly the same '"job".
The differences between the ZS1I SOUNDCARD INTERFACE II and the ZS1I "ECONO" SOUNDCARD INTERFACE is purely cosmetic. ZS1I PROJECTS have done away with all "bells and whistles". No more panel sockets on the cabinet except for the Computer Serial Socket. No panel sockets,
and no TX led. The connecting wires connects on the inside on the PCB and run outwards to the soundcard of the computer and the radio. These cables are fitted with jack plugs, except the radio connector for you specific radio.
As already mentioned no changes to the soundcard PCB or functioning of the soundcard interface.I have tested the "Econo" interface and it performs flawless. The diagram and setup instructions remain unchanged and are available on the ZS1I SOUNDCARD INTERFACE II.
There are a number of interfaces on the market, listed in ads in Amateur Radio Magazines and on the Internet. The recommended unit however to use is the “ZS1I "Econo" Soundcard Interface”. This Soundcard Interface is available already assembled and tested, and you can order it now from ZS1I ELECTRONIC PROJECTS at a substantial saving.
There are several reasons why you should use a ZS1I SOUNDCARD INTERFACE. While using a simple patch cord between the mic/speaker
connections WILL work, there are many reasons why this is not desireable or even safe for your computer (and possibly yourself).
1. RF isolation - Nothing will kill your computer faster.
2. This interface has a keying circuit built in.
3. Many sound cards have 5 volts DC on the output, not good for your mic jack.
4. This interface has level controls built in, set 'em and forget 'em.
5. The interface provides isolation for all signal paths.
6. This interface do not use the VOX function to avoid embaressing situations.
7. This interface has positive control of the transmit function.
8. This interface works with all operating systems. ( As long as your operating system has good software and soundcards, serial port support, the interface couldn't care less which operating system you prefer.)
9. This interface is equipment independent and will work with allmost all radios.
10. This interface will give you hours of pleasure in working digital modes successfully.
The ZS1I "ECONO" SOUNDCARD INTERFACE has been tested successfully with the following software:
DIGIPAN, HAMSCOPE, HELLESCHREIBER, ECHOLINK, UIVIEW, WINPACK, AGW, MMSSTV, MMTTY, MIXW, STREAM, WINPSK, WIN WARBLE, WSJT, WIN APRSM, CWGET, AGW TRACKER, DTMF, ECHOSTATION, HAMDREAM, HAMSCOPE, MT63, SPECTRAN, HAMRADIO DELUX, MULTIPSK, W95SSTV AND MANY MORE.
The ZS1I "ECONO" SOUNDCARD INTERFACE is supplied as shown in the above photographs. It includes al the necessary cables except for the serial cable from your computer to the soundcard interface and the connector for your specific radio.
Currently only available to South African Radio Amateurs.
Contact Person: Johan ZS1I
Telephone: 044 6933136
Email: Click HERE